Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What Did I Tell You About Best Buy Pricing?

It looks like Best Buy made another major pricing boo boo today according to a Gather.com story...and almost on the very item I was hoping for in my post a couple of weeks ago about the Palm Pre incident. The best part is that they did way better than I expected, and offered a $3k+ Samsung 52in LCD TV for $9.99. If I wasn't on vacation I would have been all over it...but, alas, it would have been a total waste of my time, since in this case the retailer determined it wasn't going to honor the price. Apparently they've wised up and now put a disclaimer in all their ads that they can rescind any offer at any time...to paraphrase Clint Eastwood in Magnum Force, "a retailer has to know its limitations."

No comments:

Post a Comment