Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is Snackable Earning More Than Glu From Mobile Games?

If the claims of NYC based Snackable Media CEO Eyeal Yechezkell, as reported on TechCrunch and MocoNews, are to be believed then that text-based gaming company made $85mil in revenue last year. That's slightly higher than Glu Mobile's last 4 quarters (Q4 08 - Q3 09) and would make Snackable the #4 mobile games company in the world by revenue on my chart... perhaps even #3 if my Namco Mobile estimate is inflated. Apparently there's still a healthy business in $9.95 monthly recurring subscriptions for text-base quizzes and versions of "Deal Or No Deal". I wished I was more shocked that consumers continue to sign up for these kinds of subscriptions... but I've come to realize in my old age that there's more than one sucker born every day. However, the overall numbers discussed here do shock me and, as usual, I'm more than a little skeptical. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment