- Nokia (NOK) announced it's widely anticipated Ovi Store for applications and announced that it would preload Skype on to upcoming N-Series devices (a move sure to piss off carriers)
- Microsoft (MSFT) announced it's new Windows Marketplace for Mobile available with its new Windows Mobile 6.5 OS (does anyone aspire to have a Windows Mobile device?)
- Besides a new HTC handset for Vodafone, Google's Android has been a total bust.
- RealNetworks (RNWK) took over the backend of Verizon Wireless's V Cast streaming video service from thePlatform
- Qualcomm's (QCOM) MediaFlo is sucking wind in the US and they vow to do things differently in Europe
- Acer and maybe Dell are entering the smartphone fray
- And the biggest story of all...the GSMA announced that 17 carriers and handset manufacturers were going to create a universal phone charger by 2012 (cue Kool & the Gang)
- btw -- where hell has RIM/BlackBerry (RIMM) been hiding?...did they purposely keep a low profile at MWC because of their SEC issues?
Anything else I'm missing?